Planmeca - PlanScan Black/White Intraoral Scanners
Planmeca Oy was founded in Helsinki, Finland, by Mr. Heikki Kyöstilä in 1971. Mr Kyöstilä is the President and owner of the company. Planmeca started as a small-scale business, manufacturing dental stools and instrument cabinets. Very early on, however, the company adopted a global sales approach and expanded its product range into patient chairs and dental units – and later on to 2D and 3D X-rays, CAD/CAM products and software solutions.
Planmeca Oy is a global leader in many fields of health care technology, with products distributed in over 120 countries worldwide. The Group's turnover in 2016 was MEUR 730, employing nearly 2,700 people worldwide.
Ultra-fast intraoral scanner
Explore Planmeca PlanScan – the first dental unit integrated intraoral scanner for digital 3D impressions. This high-performance intraoral scanning solution can also be connected to your laptop.
Excellent usability and workflow:
- Powder-free scanning
- Extremely easy to use
- Real-time, quick scanning
- True dental unit integration
- Autoclavable tip for perfect infection control
- Accurate results from single indication to full arch
- Comfortable solution
- Open STL format
- Windows support
- Works with a laptop – easy to share
Discover the unparalleled benefits of integrated Planmeca PlanScan:
- Smooth and effortless workflow lets you concentrate on your patient
- Constant access to real-time scanning data
- Hands-free operation with wireless foot control
- Plug-and-play scanner with sound guidance
- Can be upgraded to any Planmeca dental unit
- Can be shared between different operatories
- Intelligent Planmeca Romexis software licensing – different work phases (scan, design and manufacture) can be performed simultaneously by different users
Dental unit integrated intraoral scanner
The ultra-fast and accurate Planmeca PlanScan can now be easily integrated into your digital Planmeca dental unit. Thanks to the new chairside integrated Full HD tablet device, you have constant and optimal access to live scanning data. This allows you to focus on clinical work in the treatment area without any
For an even smoother workflow, scanning can also be controlled from the dental unit’s wireless foot control. In addition, the scanner provides practical sound guidance to ensure optimal data capture.
Unique foot controlled scanning
What really sets Planmeca PlanScan apart from other scanners, is that now you can also conveniently control its use from the dental unit’s foot control, leaving your hands free for scanning and patient treatment at all times. You can use the foot control to easily toggle between prep, opposing and buccal views, so that you can focus on scanning without interruptions. Hands-free operation also guarantees impeccable infection control.
Easy and flexible use
Planmeca PlanScan has been designed for an efficient workflow – it is used just like any other instrument and shared effortlessly between different users. The plug-and-play scanner can also be easily installed in different dental units and different rooms. The flexible licensing system allows simultaneous use on multiple workstations during different CAD/CAM workflow steps.
Easy and efficient design tool for prosthetic works
Our open CAD software suite designed especially for dentists is the perfect tool for sophisticated 3D design and planning at the dental clinic. The software is easy and fast to use and is ideal for designing prosthetic works from a single crown to bridges.
- Easy design of inlays, onlays, veneers, crowns and bridges
- Fully automated design from an anatomic tooth library
o Automatic adaptation to contact strength specified by user
o Cusps, marginal ridge and other anatomical shapes are taken to the design from the adjacent teeth
o Minimum material thickness is applied to the design for long-lasting results
- Design up to 16 teeth in the same session
- Superimposed camera view for easy marking of margins
- User-friendly tools to modify the shape and look of the design
- Automatic saving for flexible usage
- Only five steps from work description to milling
- Part of Planmeca Romexis software