Micro Mega - Finger Spreader
The Finger spreaders have an excellent ability to plugging the gutta percha and are a meant for lateral condensation obturation technique after use of the Revo-S files.
Finger Spreader advantages:
- Made of steel
- 0.02 taper
1. Lateral condensation technique
- Select the master cone (Revo-S™ GP Point) corresponding to the last Revo-S™ file used and try it in a humid environment (2.6% NaOCl). Dry the canal using paper points (Revo-S™ Paper Points) and coat the canal walls with endodontic sealer MM-SEAL™.
- Insert the master cone corresponding to the last Revo-S™ file used for canal preparation into the canal until WL or WL -0.5 mm is reached.
- Condense laterally using the biggest Revo Spreader (N°20, N°25 or N°30) allowing to reach WL -2 mm.
- Then insert an accessory cone corresponding to the Revo Spreader until the level of the latter is reached and condense laterally. Repeat this operation (insertion and condensation of an accessory cone) until the endodontic space is completely filled.
- Eliminate the excess Revo-S™ gutta percha in the pulp chamber with the heated part of a plugger for vertical condensation. Maintain the pressure on the remaining Revo-S™ gutta percha with the flat and cold part of the plugger.
2. Combined condensation technique
It's the same as steps 1-4 of lateral condensation technique, and then:
- Insert the Revo condensor into the root canal, set the motor speed at 10000-15000 rpm and slightly press against the cones until their plastification.
- Slowly pull the Revo condensor out of the root canal using a slight up and down movment and performing light pressure on a canal wall.
- Eliminate the excess Revo-S gutta percha in the pulp chamber with the heated part of a plugger for vertical condensation.
- Maintain the pressure on the remaining Revo-S gutta percha with the flat and cold part of the plugger.