UltraDent - Porcelain Etch and Silane
Porcelain Etch and Silane
* Ultradent 90-second Porcelain Etch is used to etch porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and fractured dental porcelain.
* Ultradent 60-second Silane is used after hydrofluoric acid etching to prepare the surface for bonding resin.
Studies have demonstrated that Silane, when used with Porcelain Etch and a quality bonding resin, yields the highest bond strength to porcelain when compared with other porcelain bonding products. Both Porcelain Etch and Silane may be used intraorally or extraorally.
- Porcelain Etch is a viscous, buffered 9% hydrofluoric acid
- Etch is easy to control and place
- Will not stain composite or resin cement
- To etch porcelain or old macrofilled composites prior to bonding
- Silane is a single-component solution
- Yields highest porcelain-to-resin bond strengths
- Porcelain Etch and Silane may also be used on lithium disilicate restorations
- Gluten free
1. Etch clean bonding surface with Porcelain Etch for 90 seconds, rinse, and dry.
2. CLINICAL TIP: Apply phosphoric acid for five seconds to remove porcelain salts and debris formed by hydrofluoric acid etching. Rinse and air dry.
3. Apply a puddle coat of Silane to inside surface for 60 seconds, dry, and set prosthesis aside. Do not rinse.