* Ultradent 90-second Porcelain Etch is used to etch porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and fractured dental porcelain.
* Ultradent 60-second Silane is used after hydrofluoric acid etching to prepare the surface for bonding resin.
Studies have demonstrated that Silane, when used with Porcelain Etch and a quality bonding resin, yields the highest bond strength to porcelain when compared with other porcelain bonding products. Both Porcelain Etch and Silane may be used intraorally or extraorally.
Porcelain Etch is a viscous, buffered 9% hydrofluoric acid
Etch is easy to control and place
Will not stain composite or resin cement
To etch porcelain or old macrofilled composites prior to bonding
Silane is a single-component solution
Yields highest porcelain-to-resin bond strengths
Porcelain Etch and Silane may also be used on lithium disilicate restorations
1. Etch clean bonding surface with Porcelain Etch for 90 seconds, rinse, and dry.
2. CLINICAL TIP: Apply phosphoric acid for five seconds to remove porcelain salts and debris formed by hydrofluoric acid etching. Rinse and air dry.
3. Apply a puddle coat of Silane to inside surface for 60 seconds, dry, and set prosthesis aside. Do not rinse.